Saturday, January 26, 2013

[Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies]


This is my IPhone pic of my actual cookies ... you can see how they don't spread, which is actually kinda nice ... 

My friend, LD, found these and posted the recipe link on FB.  I gave them a try - and it was my first experience with coconut flour (SUPER expensive, sheesh) and coconut oil.  My opinion?  A little "cakey" instead of chewy like THIS coconut cookie recipe, my all-time fave)   But it's gluten-free, which means I won't be buckled over for the hours following a cookie binge ... I suggest flattening them A LOT with a fork.  They don't spread, so I feel like this helps with the texture.  I'll make them again - and try to perfect them ... 

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw honey
4 eggs
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/8tsp salt
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used about 4 tbsp ... was nervous about too much chocolate making them not hold together)

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 375F
2. In a measuring cup, melt the coconut oil and honey in the microwave until liquified.
3. Then, in a large bowl, combine coconut oil and honey mixture along with the eggs, vanilla extract and sea salt.  Mix.
4. Add the coconut flour.
5. Stir in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
6. On parchment lined baking sheets, drop heaping tablespoons of cookie batter. Flatten with a fork, as these do NOT spread.
7. Bake for 15min or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment