I had six pears in my fridge. Six. So I thought about a pear-loaf, pear muffins ... pear-sauce (like applesauce). Then, I thought about DESSERT. Things that I love, that since I've started eating clean, I don't have.
CRUMBLE. So, I created this - and if it's good, it shall be my breakfast tomorrow as well as my dessert tonight. Wait. If it's REALLY good, there won't be any left for breakfast.
I said I was eating clean ... I still have portion issues *grin*. Dang, my kitchen smells AMAZING.
3 pears, washed and diced (I kept the peel on ... for fun.)
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup rolled oats
3 tbsp ground flaxseed
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp honey
* coconut oil spray (trader joes)
1. spray a 9x9 baking dish with TJ coconut oil.
2. spread diced pears onto prepared dish.
3. in a separate boil, combine coconut flour, oats, flaxseed and cinnamon.
4. add coconut oil, work in. it will start as a solid, but as you work with it, it will disappear into an oil.
5. add honey and work in.
6. sprinkle over prepared pears.
7. bake at 350F for 35minutes, or until pears are cooked and crumble is crisp.
*side note - I might choose to add grated coconut to the crumble next time.