2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup unsalted butter,
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream,
½ cup greek yogurt, at room temperature (OR 1cup sour cream/1cup greek yogurt)
1 cup white chocolate chips.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower middle position and preheat the oven to 400F
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter on medium high speed until creamy and lightened up; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat together until lightened up in both color and texture; 4 to 5 minutes. The color should turn very pale and texture should look fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla and beat together for one minute.
- On lowest speed, add in one-third of the flour mixture and mix until mostly combined. Add in half of the sour cream and lightly stir until almost mixed in. Continue with adding another one-third of the flour mixture, followed by the remaining sour cream and ending with the last third of flour mixture. Mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes (for regular muffins), or until the top are golden brown and spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached. Mini muffins should bake in about 9 to 12 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE or the muffins will dry out.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool slightly before serving. Served warm or at room temperature. Allow to cool completely before storing. Store leftovers in an airtight container to retain its moisture.