Jam Filled Muffins
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with non- stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a wire whisk. In a medium bowl, beat the milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract with a fork until well blended. Add the milk mixture to the the flour mixture and stir until just combined (the batter will be lumpy.)
- Fil the muffin-pan cups one-third full with batter. Drop a teaspoon of preserves on top of the batter. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 minute, then remove muffins from pan. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Store leftovers in a sealable container.