I make these for Mimmo because there are no eggs in it. They're crispy/chewy and coconuty. Mmmm.
3/4 cup flour
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
1 1/3 cups coconut
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tsp baking soda
- Combine flour, rolled oats, coconut and sugar. Make a well.
- Melt butter and syrup in a small saucepan.
- in a separate bowl add boiling water to baking soda, then pour into butter/syrup mixture. It will foam.
- pour into dry ingredients.
- place tsp sized balls onto a cold, greased cookie tray.
- bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, until dark golden brown.
- while still warm, remove to a cooling rack.