Friday, June 8, 2012
Yes. Her pancakes are famous. At least to me they are ... her kids rave about them.
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cardomom
1 + 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- mix. cook. eat.
My friend, Tracy, invited me for lunch this week ... and served the most delicious soup ever. I asked for the recipe, and she gave it to me. Winning.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1/2 pound of italian sausage, ground
1 large onion (chopped)
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup chopped celery, carrot and green pepper
2 tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
pinch of dried thyme
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
2 cups of chopped tomatoes (19oz can)
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups of shredded cabbage
1 cup of kidney beans
1/2 cup of elbow macoroni
freshly grate parmesan (optional)
- In a large heavy sauce pan, heat oil and butter. Add sausage, brown lightly.
- add chopped onion, garlic, celery, carrot and green pepper. Cook until softened.
- sir in parsley, basil , thyme, and bay leaf ... add salt and pepper.
- stir in the tomatoes and stock.
- bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and cover, simmer 10 minutes.
- add cabbage, beans and pasta. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- serve with sprinkled parmesan on top.