I didn't grow up on these, like so many. In our house - it was my mom's chocolate chip cookies - or an Oreo *wink*. But for the last 3 weeks, I have made batches of various Snickerdoodles - trying new recipes, different recipes ... trying to find the PERFECT one. This was it ...
Ingredients: (yield 24-30 cookies)
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 and 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon
(small batch :: yield 12-15 cookies)
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 and 3/8 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp salt
- preheat oven to 350F.
- mix butter, sugar and eggs thoroughly in a bowl.
- combine flour, creamt of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-15minutes in the fridge.
- meanwhile, mix 3 tbsp sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon in a small dish.
- after chilled, coop 1 inch globs of cookie dough into the cinnamon mixture.
- coat gently by rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 12minutes.
- remove from pan immediately.