These are Italian cookies that my MIL taught me to make. They're kind of like "waffle" cookies - as you make them in a press - like a waffle (you NEED this press to make these cookies). And you can shape them into bowls or cones, if you wish, as they cool. My daughter calls them "snowflake" cookies because of the pretty design the press makes.
¾ cup white sugar
½ cup melted butter
1 + ¾ cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the melted butter and vanilla; mix.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix.
5. Butter (or lightly oil) the press ... drop 1tsp/2tsp sized balls onto the press.
6. PRESS until steam is less, before too brown.
7. COOL flat on a piece of paper towel. Cookie will harden when cooled.