30 Minute Dinner Rolls / Lunch Rolls
I've been looking for a last-minute dinner roll for soup nights on Pinterest and these are AMAZE-BALLS. And made it into my "recipe-box-blog". My iPhone pic taken right now ... those four missing? I'm not telling.
1 C plus 2 Tbsp warm water
⅓ C vegetable oil
2 Tbsp active dry yeast
¼ C sugar
1½ tsp salt
3½ C bread flour (seems to work better but all purpose flour will also work)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour.
- Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (Just a few minutes)
- Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan (I used a cookie sheet with a silpad instead) and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.