I have been LOOKING for the tricks ... what makes a perfect cookie, perfect? Room temperature butter, soda+powder ... these are the BOMB
THE PERFECT COOKIE
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature ½ cup granulated sugar 1 ¼ cups lightly packed brown sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 large eggs + 1egg yolk at room temperature 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (or butterscotch/white chocolate ..)
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough overnight, or minimum 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon sized balls and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.