Saturday, February 4, 2012

[Hawaiian Chicken]

This one was on my mom's roster for "company chicken".  It was my FAVOURITE ... not sure if she knows that.  Haven't had it in years, but I stole it from her recipe box when I got married.  I couldn't find a good enough pic, so no-photo it is.
Special note:  make this the night before to marinate

Hawaiian Chicken

4 chicken breasts, skin on
1/4 cup liquid honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup soya sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained

Directions:

- brown chicken in small amount of oil, in a frying pan.
- place chicken in a 9x13 (or 9x9, if too big ... doesn't really matter)
- mix honey, lemon juice, soya sauce and ketchup together.
- pour over chicken, marinate overnight.
- bake COVERED at 350F for 1 hour
- UNCOVER, add pineapple and bake 30more minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment