I had gone to someone's house a long time ago, and was served an apple cake that was yummy and memorable. I never got that recipe, but tried a few on my own and found that this one was the best. It tastes like fall.
1+1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1+1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1+1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1+1/2 cups applesauce
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup chopped apple
- combine all dry ingredients in mixer using a flat beater.
- add applesauce, butter and eggs.
- turn to speed 2, mix 1 minute, scrape bowl.
- turn to speed 4, mix 30 seconds.
- add apple, stir until blended.
- pour batter into a GREASED and FLOURED 9x13 baking dish or a bunt pan.
- bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.
** serve with warm caramel sauce.