This recipe comes from Charmaine ... the queen of incredible cooking. This is a go-to recipe for me in the fall/winter when company is hanging out on the couch watching hockey. It's hot and yummy - but the name is deceiving. It's more like a super-moist-steamy-hot-from-the-oven-cake. If you undercook it, it has a molten middle ... but due to eggs being in this recipe, I stay away from undercooking it.
Steamed Chocolate Pudding
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
- place those three ingredients in a bowl.
- pour 1/2 cup boiling water over, blend until smooth.
- add the egg, blend.
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
- blend all together.
- pour into a GREASED 2qrt dish. Cover with a lid.
- bake at 350F for 30-40minutes, or until a cake-tester comes clean when placed in the middle.
- serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce.