Monday, February 6, 2012

[Nestle Toll House Cookies]

A few years ago, I decided that I wanted to be the mom who made the very BEST chocolate chip cookies ... ever.  I tried recipe after recipe - not quite getting it right.  And then, I remembered an episode of "Friends" where Phoebe gives a cookie to Monica for a wedding gift ... so she could re-make the most perfect cookie.  By the end ... you realize it's a Nestle Toll House cookie ... and that's when I realized, I would try the same.

It is PERFECT.  I make no other ...

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

2+1/4 cups all purpose flour (I actually use cake/pastry flour and it was even better)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

- combine in a bowl.

1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

- cream together in a different bowl.

2 eggs

- add one at a time, mix well.
- add flour mixture to creamed mixture until incorporated.

2 cups chocolate chips

- stir in chocolate chips.
- bake at 375F for 9minutes ... they will look a little underdone, but after they've cooled - they set.  

No comments:

Post a Comment