I hate chicken fingers. HATE them ... not because of how they taste, oh no. But because of how they're MADE. Yuck. But the idea is so great ... so, I decided to adapt a few different recipes and come up with my own "homemade" version. The kids love 'em.
Panko & Parmesan Chicken Strips
4 chicken breasts, thawed and sliced into desired strips
3/4 cup Panko rice flakes
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (NOT powder)
some type of "sticking" ingredient (liquid honey, dijon mustard, greek yogurt)
- preheat oven to 400F
- pour Panko and parmesan cheese into a pie plate.
- pour about 1/4 cup of plum sauce into a bowl.
- take one chicken strip and "paint" sticking ingredient onto it with a BBQ basting brush.
- roll in Panko/parmesan mix until coated.
- place on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- repeat until all are done.
- bake for 20-30 minutes ... or until cooked through and at desired crispiness.