I'm literally eating this while I type. MMM. I've made variations of this before - and I thought I'd write it down. With the kids bed, hubby away and craving a vegetable - I whipped this up and now the house is silent and my tummy is happy. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow ... mmmmm.
Tawn's Pureed Cauliflower Soup
5 cups cauliflower
4-5 cups chicken stock
2 slices of bacon, cut with scissors into bits
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp sherry
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
salt/pepper to taste
- steam cauliflower until soft.
- saute bacon and onion together in a large pot; cook until done - not crispy.
- drain bacon/onion mixture.
- add steamed cauliflower to bacon mixture.
- add chicken stock.
- add sherry; simmer for 10 minutes.
- transfer 1/2 the mixture to the blender, blend and place in a large bowl.
- transfer the rest of the mixture to the blender, blend.
- place all the blended soup back into the pot.
- add cayenne pepper
- add salt/pepper to taste.
- simmer and serve.
** you can add more bacon, if you like
** this is a DAIRY-FREE soup, "creamy" texture w/out milk. But you could add cream if you wish.
** more cayenne, more bite *grin*