Tuesday, January 22, 2013

[Crockpot Orange Chicken.]




I bought a "gluten-free-crock-pot" cook book last week.  I actually bought a couple of them.  Ok.  Three.  And this was the first recipe I tried ... and it was a hit.  On to my "virtual" cooking-index-card it goes ... 

Orange Chicken

3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup orange juice ( I used mango )
3 tbsp orange marmalade 
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce (gluten-free ... I just used regular)
1 tsp dijon mustard
** 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp hot water

Directions:

1. grease the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.  Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.  Add the chicken and the onion to the slow cooker. 

2. Mix the remaining ingredients (minus the **cornstarch mix).  Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.

3.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.  About 1- minutes before serving, whisk in the cornstarch slurry.  Uncover the slow cooker, turn the temperature to hight and continue to cook for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.  

No comments:

Post a Comment