Ok. I haven't posted a recipe in MONTHS and had to laugh that my last post was a Snickerdoodle cookie recipe LOL. I'm sensing a theme here!! Got this recipe from a cookbook series called Gooseberry Patch ... and they were a HIT. They will be perfect for lunch boxes and simple snacks. Obviously, not the healthiest - but they freeze well and at least are not full of preservatives. That's how I like to think anyways *grin*.
Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins
1+1/2cup all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup margarine, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4cup white sugar + 1tbsp cinnamon for topping
- combine flour, oats, sugar, and baking powder; mix well.
- in a separate bowl, combine margarine and egg; gradually add milk and vanilla - blend well.
- add to flour mixture.
- fill greased mini muffin cups 2/3 full.
- sprinkle with sugar+cinnamon mixture.
- bake at 400F for 12-14minutes.