We have fussy eaters in this home - partly because I've made the mistake of catering to their palettes. So, I'm branching out into other ethnicities, but with milder flavours so not to overwhelm the kids. Yet *grin*. This one went over super well ... they even ate their veggies.
Thai Peanut Noodles
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup light Thai dressing (it's a vinaigrette, at speciality stores. You can use Lite Italian instead)
1/4cup crunchy peanut butter (I used Adam's smooth - less sugar)
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp ground ginger
carrots, peppers, green onions, zucchini, red onions ... chopped to stir-fry - as much as you want.
angel hair pasta for 4 (one 8oz package)
**optional 2/3 cup chopped peanuts
** use sesame oil to cook
- coat chicken with 1/2 cup of salad dressing. Refrigerate for 30min.
- whisk together remaining 1/2 cup of salad dressing, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, and ginger until smooth.
- sautee chicken in sesame oil, until 2/3 cooked.
- boil water for pasta; cook pasta.
- add veggies, complete cooking.
- drain pasta and add to veggies and chicken.
- toss with peanut sauce until warmed through.
- sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.