Katia and I gave these a try this year - and OH MAN - they were a hit! She decorated each one, handed them out to family and friends. A real hit.
2 cups Salted Butter (softened)
2 cups Sugar2 Eggs
2 tbsp. Vanilla
4 tsp. Baking Powder
6 cups Flour
- Add butter and sugar to your mixer. Cream the butter and sugar until it is completely mixed. Do not over-mix.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add Baking Powder and mix.
- Mix in the flour two cups at a time.
- Do not chill the dough, the cookies will bake better if the dough is at room temperature.
- Roll a handful of the dough out on a prepared surface until it’s about 3/8″ thick and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of the cookie. Do not over-bake.