If you're a "pinterest" friend of mine - you'll know I've been scouring for a Coconut Cake recipe. I chose this one to try for tonight's out-of-town family dinner. Why? Because it didn't have buttermilk (I don't have any at the moment ...) and it wasn't a boxed cake either. My IPhone pic ... and hubby said it was "SO SO GOOD". Good enough reason to make it again, no?
1. set oven to 350F
2. prepare two 9x9 round cake pans; spray and flour (I use Trader Joe's Coconut Oil Spray)
2 ¼ flour (preferably cake flour)
2 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3. combine above ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk.
½ cup butter
1 ⅔ cup sugar
1 14oz tin of light coconut milk
1 tbsp vanilla
4. in a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar well (about 5min)
5. add one egg at a time, mixing well in-between.
6. alternate between milk and flour mixture, into the butter and sugar mixture - beginning and ending with flour mixture.
7. stir in vanilla
8. pour half of batter into each prepared pan, bake for 30-35minutes or until a wooden stick is clean when pulled through the centre.
10. frost ... with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting